(from the American Society of Administrative Professionals)
In order to be the most we can be professionally and to feel a sense of purpose, we must regularly assess where we are and set goals based on where we want to go. Whether you want to grow in your current role, step-up to a higher position, or move into another field, success starts with reflecting on your strengths, priorities, and purpose. Here are a dozen questions to help get you started.
What were my top 3 to 5 achievements this year?
What am I known for; what have I created or initiated that will continue after I am gone?
What hurdles and challenges have I faced at work over the past year and how did I react to these challenges?
What matters to me in my current job role and career? That is, what do I want and need the most?
What can I do to get more of what I want and need from the job?
Why am I working here?
What am I passionate about?
What activities satisfy and nurture me - professionally and personally?
What do I feel I need more of in my life—or, what do I feel I should be doing that I have not done?
What are areas of development or growth for me in the coming year? What can I get better at or learn?
What would I like to be doing in five years?
What actions and learning would take me there?
- Tiffany Bryan
- Dimondale, Michigan, United States
- My passion is workforce development! I've been actively networking with Lansing professionals over the past year - trying to build relationships with employers and job seekers alike. I would like to see talented folks get connected with businesses that are looking for them. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @tiffenator
Events & Dates to Save
Workforce/Economic Development Links
- Barry County Economic Development Alliance
- Capital Area Michigan Works
- Detroit Economic Growth Corporation
- Gateway Community Services
- Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Lake County Partners - IL
- Lansing Economic Development Corporation
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Michigan Works - State Wide
- Prima Civitas
- Spartan Alumni Job Search Info
- The Right Place
- West Michigan Strategic Alliance
- Workforce Management Magazine
Resources for Individuals with Criminal Backgrounds
Keep Learning... Our Future Depends On It
Lansing Higher Educational Facilities
- Career Quest Learning Center
- Central Michigan University
- Cooley Law School
- Cornerstone University
- Davenport University
- Douglas J Aveda Institute
- DRM International Learning Center
- Excel Academy
- Ferris State University
- Great Lakes Christian College
- Lansing Community College
- Michigan School of Canine Cosmetology
- Michigan State University
- Northwood University
- Protege Academy
- Regency Beauty Institute
- Ross Medical Center
- The Barber/Styling College, Inc
- University of Phoenix
- Western Michigan University