About Me

My photo
Dimondale, Michigan, United States
My passion is workforce development! I've been actively networking with Lansing professionals over the past year - trying to build relationships with employers and job seekers alike. I would like to see talented folks get connected with businesses that are looking for them. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @tiffenator

Monday, February 7, 2011

The First Step Towards Upgrading Your Career

(from the American Society of Administrative Professionals)


In order to be the most we can be professionally and to feel a sense of purpose, we must regularly assess where we are and set goals based on where we want to go. Whether you want to grow in your current role, step-up to a higher position, or move into another field, success starts with reflecting on your strengths, priorities, and purpose. Here are a dozen questions to help get you started.

What were my top 3 to 5 achievements this year?

What am I known for; what have I created or initiated that will continue after I am gone?

What hurdles and challenges have I faced at work over the past year and how did I react to these challenges?

What matters to me in my current job role and career? That is, what do I want and need the most?

What can I do to get more of what I want and need from the job?

Why am I working here?

What am I passionate about?

What activities satisfy and nurture me - professionally and personally?

What do I feel I need more of in my life—or, what do I feel I should be doing that I have not done?

What are areas of development or growth for me in the coming year? What can I get better at or learn?

What would I like to be doing in five years?

What actions and learning would take me there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Personal Branding

Interesting Blogs